Designation : Junior Research Fellow
Brief Background :
- Worked as JRF at Agharkar Research Institute in Developmental Biology Group on Identification of enhancers regulating expression in glial subsets in drosophila.
- Trainee under Biotech Industrial Training Programme at Praj Matrix – R&D Centre (Div. of Praj Industries Ltd.)on company’s in-house produced antibacterial agent from bacterial source
- M.Sc. Biotechnology – 4th Semester Dissertationat Institute of Bioinformatics and Biotechnology on Isolation, Identification and Characterization of Cellulase and Hemicellulase from Anoxybacillusspp.
Contact Details :
M.Sc. Biotechnology, Fergusson College (SavitribaiPhule Pune University, Pune) 2017
B.Sc. Biotechnology, Modern College of Arts, Science and Commerce, Ganeshkhind (SavitribaiPhule Pune University, Pune) 2015
- GATE – 2018
- Recently worked on isolation and identification of yeasts associated with fungus feeding insects, in our study we isolated many yeast from Drosophila gut.
- Currently, working on very interesting niche inhabiting osmotolerant yeasts. It includes collection of nectar sample from different tropical plants followed by morphological and molecular identification of nectar associated yeasts.
Jadhav R, Tiwari S, Avchar R, Groenewald M, Baghela A (2020)Suhomyces drosophilae sp. nov., isolated from Drosophila fliesfeeding on a stinkhorn mushroom. International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology. 70(9):4908-4913