Designation : Ph.D Student
Brief Background :
- CSIR-UGC NET-JRF (June 2018 AIR-15)
- GATE LIFE SCIENCE (FEB -2018)
- SET SPPU April 2018
- ARS-NET (Biotechnology April 2019)
- Worked as a Technical assistant in cotton at Krishidhan seeds private Ltd.. June 2015 to June 2016
Contact Details :
- M.Sc. Molecular Genetics and Plant Breeding
Development of wheat genotype with good biscuit making properties using marker assisted selection and mutation breeding For this study, our first objective is introgression of soft grain texture associated puroindolines from HS-490 to NI-5439 which is null for Glu-D1y (HMW-GS 10).
The wild forms of Puroindoline genes govern grain softness. Donor parent HS 490 contains a wild form of Pin a and Pin b alleles, similarly, recipient parent NI 5439 has wild Pin a allele but mutated Pinb allele (Pinb-D1h) which confer hardness to the wheat kernel.
Our next objective is screening and characterization of MACS 6478 EMS mutants for HMW-GS using SDS-PAGE and further detail study using allele-specific primers and actual DNA sequencing. HMW glutenin protein accounts for 5 to 10% of total wheat proteins