Name : Aazam Shaikh
Designation : Junior Research Fellow
Brief Background :
- M.Sc. Biotechnology (2014-2016),
- Worked in the field of Bioanalytical Chemistry as Project Assistant at Symbiosis School of Biological Sciences (SSBS, Pune),
- Worked in the field of Cancer Biology as Project Assistant at National Centre for Cell Sciences (NCCS, Pune),
- Worked in the research area of Project Fellow at Indian Institute for Science Education and Research (IISER, Pune)
Contact Details :
- Sc. Biotechnology from Nowrosjee Wadia College, Pune.
M.Sc. Biotechnology from Modern College, Ganeshkhind.
- GATE 2020
- Regenerative Biology; Cardiac Repair and Regeneration.
- My interests lie, in understanding the fine-tuned mechanisms of cellular growth, differentiation, and proliferation, encompassing various cell types. At present, my study in regenerative biology involves the use of nanoparticles for the delivery of miRNAs for cardiac muscle regeneration after myocardial injury. Cardiomyocytes are muscle cells of the heart which are terminally differentiated, and responsible for the proper functioning of the heart having limited regenerative potential. Myocardial infarction decreases the population of the cardiomyocytes significantly, which leads to scarring or fibrosis of the heart muscle.