Google Scholar / Social Media
Name : Dr. Sachin Jadhav
Designation : Scientist – D
Brief Background :
- Scientist –D, Agharkar Research Institute Pune-Present
- Research Scientist,Stem Cell Research and Therapy. Dept. of Hematology, SGPGIMS, Lucknow, Sept 2008 to Nov.2013.
- Post-doctoral Fellow, Wayne State University, MI,USA , 2007
- Post-doctoral Fellow . Temple University, PA, USA (worked in collaboration with University of Pennsylvania, PA,USA), July 2005 to Dec.2006
- New Investigator’ award received in 98 th AACR (American Association for Cancer Research ) Annual Meeting 2007 held at LA, CA,USA
- Indian Veterinary Research Institute (IVRI)-JRF
- Agricultural scientist recruitment board certification for lectureship
- Bhrid Bhartiya Samaj(Gold Medal)Scholarship for post-graduate studies
- Mahatma Phule merit cum scholarship for graduate studies
Contact Details :
0091 20 25651542 (Fax)
- PhD in Veterinary Pharmacology (2005) from Indian Veterinary Research Institute (IVRI),Bareilly ,UP Institute (India)
- MVSc in Veterinary Pharmacology (2001) from Marathwada Agriculture University ,MS (India)
Laboratory animal care and development of animal models
- The main activity of animal facility staff is to breed and maintain the laboratory animal colonies in complete compliance with the CPCSEA and in-house animal care principles, rules, regulations and guidelines.
- We have developed various animal disease models such as acute renal failure, chronic renal failure, myocardial infarction,experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis, diabetes, osteochondral defect, breast cancer, alzheimer’s disease, inflammation induced anaemia,, lethal hemorrhagic injury, chronic wound excision etc for testing of various biological active molecules.
Stem cell research and therapy
- We have isolated stem cells from various tissue sources viz.fetal kidney, fetal heart and bone marrow. We further tested their therapeutic efficacy in different animal disease models viz. acute renal failure, myocardial infarction, experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis and global heart failure.
- We are now focusing on the development of novel methods for non viral transfection of cardiac specific transcription factors to induce cardiomyocytes from cardiac fibroblast in ischemic myocardial infraction settings.
miRNA based therapeutics for various diseases
- We are working to develop miRNA based therapeutics for acute and chronic renal failure, and had intramural project on the same
- We evaluated potential of nanoparticles based delivery of miRNAs for myocardial repair and
- Recently we are interested to unveil the miRNA mediated signalling molecules that regulate the cross talk between autophagy and apoptosis after myocardial infarction
Biomedical Applications of nanotechnology
- WE evaluated potential of bacterial cellulose based bilayered scaffolds in a rat model of osteochondral defects and showed progressive regeneration of cartilage
- We determined anticancer activity of truncated domain of SMAR1 protein (His 5) loaded on Carbon nanospheres (CNS) in mice bearing breast tumours
- We are now studying combination therapy of surface functionalized Lanthanum Strontium Manganese Oxide nanoparticles mediated hyperthermia along with doxorubicin for the treatment of breast cancer
Sayed N, Tambe P, Kumar P, Jadhav S, Paknikar KM, Gajbhiye V. miRNA transfection via poly(amidoamine)-based delivery vector prevents hypoxia/reperfusion-induced cardiomyocyte apoptosis. Nanomedicine (Lond). 2020 15 (2):164-181
Ghatpande NS, Misar AV, Waghole RJ,Jadhav SH, Kulkarni PP. Tinospora cordifolia protects against inflammation associated anemia by modulating inflammatory cytokines and hepcidin
expression in male Wistar rats. Sci Rep. 2019 Jul 29;9(1):10969.
Monsoor Shaik M. Dapkekar AG, Rajwade J M, Jadhav S H, KowshikM. (2019) Antioxidantantibacterial containing bilayer scaffolds as potential candidates for management of oxidative stress and infections in wound healing. Journal of Materials Science: Materials in Medicine 30:13
Bhagat PN, Jadhav SH, Chattopadhyay S, Paknikar KM. Carbon nanospheres mediated nuclear delivery of SMAR1 protein (DNA binding domain) controls breast tumor in mice model. Nanomedicine (Lond). 2018 Feb;13(4):3532017-0298.
Singh SP, Jadhav SH, Chaturvedi CP, NityanandS. Therapeutic efficacy of multipotent adult progenitor cells versus mesenchymal stem cells in experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis. Regen Med. 2017 Apr;12(4):377-396. doi: 10.2217/rme-2016-0109
Kumbhar J V, Jadhav S H, Bodas D S, Barhanpurkar-Naik A, Wani M R, Paknikar K M, Rajwade J M. (2017) In vitro and in vivo studies of a novel bacterial cellulosebased acellular bilayer nanocomposite scaffold for the repair of osteochondral defects. International Journal of Nanomedicine, 12: 6437-6459.5.
Chhabra H, Kumbhar J V, Rajwade J M, Jadhav S, Paknikar K M, Jadhav S, Bellare J (2016)Three-dimensional scaffold of gelatin–poly (methyl vinyl ether-alt-maleic anhydride) for regenerative medicine: Proliferation and differentiation of mesenchymal stem cells
Journal of Bioactive and Compatible Polymers 31 (3), 273-290
Gupta AK, Jadhav SH, Tripathy NK, NityanandS. Fetal Kidney Cells Can Ameliorate Ischemic Acute Renal Failure in Rats through Their Anti-Inflammatory, Anti-Apoptotic and Anti-Oxidative Effects. PLoS One. 2015 Jun 18;10(6):e0131057.
Gupta AK, Jadhav SH, Tripathy NK, Nityanand S. Fetal kidney stem cells ameliorate cisplatin induced acute renal failure and promote renal angiogenesis. World J Stem Cells. 2015 May 26;7(4):776-8810.
Garikipati VN, Jadhav S, Pal L, Prakash P, Dikshit M and Nityanand S. Mesenchymal stem cells from fetal heart attenuate myocardial injury after infarction: an in vivo serial pinhole gated SPECT-CT study in rats. PLoS One. 2014 27; 9(6 :e100982)
Krynetskaia NF, Phadke MS, Jadhav SH, Krynetskiy EY. Chromatin-associated proteins HMGB1/2 and PDIA3 trigger cellular response to chemotherapy-induced DNA damage. Mol Cancer Ther. 2009 Apr; 8(4):864-72.
S Jadhav, N Krynetskaia, E Krynetskiy Cellular response to anticancer drugs in melanoma cells: inhibition of glyceraldehyde 3-phosphate dehydrogenase results in cell cycle arrest and increased chemoresistance to chemotherapeutic agents Cancer Research 2007 67 (9 Supplement), 3238
Jadhav SH, Sarkar SN, Patil RD, Tripathi HC. Effects of Subchronic Exposure via Drinking Water to a Mixture of Eight Water-Contaminating Metals: A Biochemical and Histopathological Study in Male Rats. Arch Environ Contam Toxicol. 2007 Nov; 53(4):667-77.
Jadhav SH, Sarkar SN, Ram GC, Tripathi HC. Immunosuppressive Effect of Subchronic Exposure to a Mixture of Eight Heavy Metals, Found as Groundwater Contaminants in Different Areas of India, , Drinking Water in Male Rats. Arch Environ Contam Toxicol. 2007 53 (3), 450-458
Jadhav SH, Sarkar, S.N., Kataria, M., Tripathi, H.C. Subchronic exposure to a mixture of groundwater -contaminating metals through drinking water induces oxidative stress in male rats Environmental Toxicology and Pharmacology. Vol. 23, No. 2, pages 205-211 (2007)
Jadhav SH, Sarkar SN, Tripathit HC. Cytogenetic effects of a mixture of selected metals following subchronic exposure through drinking water in male rats. Indian J ExpBiol.2006Dec;44(12):997-1005.
Jadhav SH, Sarkar SN, Aggarwal M, Tripathi HC. Induction of oxidative stress in erythrocytes of male rats subchronically exposed to a mixture of eight metals found as groundwater contaminants in different parts of India. Arch Environ Contam Toxicol.2007Jan;52(1):145-51.
Naik AK, Tandan SK, Dudhgaonkar SP, Jadhav SH, Kataria M, Prakash VR, Kumar D. Role of oxidative stress in pathophysiology of peripheral neuropathy and modulation by N-acetyl cysteine in rats. Eur J Pain. 2006 Oct;10(7):573-9.
Dudhgaonkar SP, Tandan SK, Bhat AS, Jadhav SH, Kumar D. Synergistic anti- inflammatory interaction between meloxicam and aminoguanidine hydrochloride in carrageenan-induced acute inflammation in rats. Life Sci. 2006 Feb 2;78(10):1044-8