Google Scholar / Social Media
Name : Dr. Jyutika Rajwade
Designation : Scientist – F
Brief Background :
After completing Master’s in Industrial Microbiology, I joined MACS for doctoral studies and worked on metal-microbe interactions. After doctoral studies, I worked as a CSIR research associate in ARI and teaching research associate at Department of Biotechnology, Pune University. For the past 13 years I am working as a research scientist in the Nanobioscience group. I have worked in applications of Microbiology, Biotechnology in Nanobioscience. Working with Ph.D scholars has led to research publications in scientific journals of international repute.
Contact Details :
- B.Sc. (1989) Microbiology, Chemistry, Zoology
- M.Sc (1991) Microbiology
- Ph.D (1997) Microbiology
My research deals with applications of nanomaterials in various fields. Metals-based nanoparticles were explored for their antimicrobial activity for achieving control of bacterial pathogens. Effects of silver nanoparticles on bacterial biofilms was studied at the transcriptome level. For early detection of diseases in aquaculture, lateral flow assay platform was developed and validated for detection of white spot syndrome virus, Macrobrachiumrosenbergiinodavirus. For detection of Vibriosis, chromogenic immunosensor is under development. Several biomolecules are being explored as biorecognition elements in the development of diagnostics. Naturally occurring polymeric nanostructures specifically bacterial cellulose is being explored for applications in nanobiotechnology.As part of applications of nanotechnology in agriculture, the potential of nanomaterials as micronutrient delivery systems and also as carriers for protein antigens for oral vaccination in aquaculture.
- Jamalpure, G. Panditrao. P. K. Kulabhusan, A. S. Sahul Hameed, K. M. Paknikar, M. Joshi, J. M. Rajwade. 2020. In silico studies on the interaction of phage displayed biorecognition element (TFQAFDLSPFPS) with the structural protein VP28 of White spot syndrome virus. Journal of Molecular Modelling. 26:264 10.1007/s00894-020-04524-z
- Rajwade J. M., Chikte, R. G., Paknikar K. M. (2020) Nanomaterials: new weapons in a crusade against phytopathogens. Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology. DOI: 11007/s00253-019-10334-y
- Singh, K. M. Paknikar, J. M. Rajwade. (2019) RNA-sequencing reveals multitude effects of silver nanoparticles on Pseudomonas aeruginosa biofilms. Environmental Science: Nano 6(6): 1812-1828
- Singh, K. M. Paknikar, J. M. Rajwade. (2019) Gene expression is influenced due to ‘nano’ and ‘ionic’ copper in pre-formed Pseudomonas aeruginosa biofilms. Environmental Research 175:367-375
- Chikte, R. G., Paknikar K. M.’ Rajwade J. M., Sharma J. S. (2019) Nanomaterials for the control of bacterial blight disease in pomegranate: quo vadis? Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology 103:4605–4621
- MonsoorShaik Dapkekar A G., Rajwade J. M. Jadhav S. H., Kowshik M. (2019) Antioxidant-antibacterial containing bi-layer scaffolds as potential candidates for management of oxidative stress and infections in wound healing. Journal of Materials Science: Materials in Medicine 30:13
- Singh, K. Paknikar, J. M. Rajwade. (2019) Transcriptome analysis of silver nanoparticles treated Staphylococcus aureus reveals potential targets for biofilm inhibition. Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces 175: 487-497
- Tanya Singh, Pranav R. Kshirsagar, Anindita Das, Kunal Yadav , SwetaMallik, M.B.L. Mascarenhas-Pereira, TresaRemya A. Thomas, Mamatha S. S., LokaBharathi P.A., N.H. Khadge, B. NagenderNath, Prashant K. Dhakephalkar, Sridhar D. Iyer, Dwijesh Ray, A.B.Valsangkar, Anita Garg, Prakash C. Babu, Ravindra J. Waghole, Shailesh S. Waghmare, Jyutika M. Rajwade and Kishore M. Paknikar (2019) Implications of microbial thiosulfate utilization in red clay sediments of the Central Indian Basin – The Martian Analogy. Geochemistry, Geophysics, Geosystems 20 (2), 708-729
- Dapkekar A., P. Deshpande, M. D. Oak, K. M. Paknikar, J. M. Rajwade (2018) Zinc use efficiency is enhanced in wheat through nanofertilization. Scientific Reports 8:6832
- Deshpande, A. Dapkekar, M Oak, K. Paknikar, J Rajwade (2018) Nanocarrier-mediated foliar zinc fertilization influences expression of metal homeostasis related genes in flag leaves and enhances gluten content in durum wheat. PLoS ONE 13(1): e0191035.
- J. V. Kumbhar, S. H. Jadhav, D. S. Bodas, A. Barhanpurkar-Naik, M. R. Wani, K. M Paknikar, J. M. Rajwade. (2017) In vitro and in vivo studies of a novel bacterial cellulose-based acellular bilayer nanocomposite scaffold for the repair of osteochondral defects. International Journal of Nanomedicine 12: 6437–6459
- Kheur, N. Singh, D. Bodas, J-Y. Rauch, S. Jambhekar, M. Kheur, J. Rajwade. (2017) Nanoscale silver depositions inhibit microbial colonization and improve biocompatibility of titanium abutments. Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces 159: 151–158
- P K Kulabhusan, J M. Rajwade, A. S. S Hameed, K M. Paknikar (2017) Lateral flow assay for rapid detection of white spot syndrome virus (WSSV) using a phage-displayed peptide as bio-recognition probe. Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology. 101:4459–4469.
- Kulabhusan PK, Rajwade JM, Sugumar V, Taju G, Sahul Hameed AS, Paknikar KM (2017) Field-Usable Lateral Flow Immunoassay for the Rapid Detection of White Spot Syndrome Virus (WSSV). PLoS ONE 12(1): e0169012. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0169012
- Deshpande, ADapkekar, M D. Oak, K M. Paknikar, J M. Rajwade. (2017) Zinc complexed chitosan/TPP nanoparticles: A promising micronutrient nanocarrier suited for foliar application. Carbohydrate Polymers 165: 394–401
- Chhabra, J. Kumbhar, J. Rajwade, S. Jadhav, K Paknikar, S Jadhav, J R Bellare (2016) Three-dimensional scaffold of gelatin–poly(methyl vinylether-alt-maleic anhydride) for regenerative medicine: Proliferation and differentiation of mesenchymal stem cells. Journal of Bioactive and Compatible Polymers 1–18.
- V. Kumbhar, Rajwade J.M, K. M. Paknikar (2015). Fruit peels support higher yield and superior quality bacterial cellulose production. Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology. 99 (10): 6677-6691
- Rajwade J.M, K. M. Paknikar, J. V. Kumbhar (2015). Applications of bacterial cellulose and its composites in biomedicine. (Mini review) Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology. 99: 4291-2511